This is a “ministry position” and not a “job” for which you have applied, and we believe our staff is representative of Grace Hills both on and off the job. Therefore, ministry staff are held to a higher degree of accountability than members or attendees of the church.
We want to know that you agree fully with our faith statement as well as the lifestyle expectations that we have for ministry staff. Our lifestyle standards for all church staff are high, based on our interpretation of Scripture, and adherence to this covenant is a condition of employment. Should you accept a position on staff at Grace Hills, you agree to the following commitments…
- I will respect Jesus as the Head of the church and Pastors as His assigned overseers and ministry leaders. I will support my Pastors in prayer.
- I will refuse to take part in gossip and direct people to handle complaints against others in a biblical manner, taking their feelings to the source.
- I will invite the unchurched to attend and consider myself a greeter and guide at all times, warmly welcoming newcomers.
- I will take risks and make mistakes with bold faith, embracing creative thinking and will appreciate the “fast, fluid, and flexible” atmosphere of Grace Hills.
- I will attend weekend services faithfully, be a regular part of a Grace Group, and support and promote the various ministries of Grace Hills.
- I will be fully invested, giving regularly at least a tithe (tenth) of my income to Grace Hills and giving beyond a tithe as God leads.
- My walk will reflect a biblical lifestyle. I will not be intoxicated with alcohol and will walk free from slavery to alcohol, tobacco, and drugs. I will be careful not to be a stumbling block to those who struggle and will guard my personal testimony.
- I will hold my marriage as a higher priority than my ministry and cultivate oneness with my spouse and unity at home.
- If I find myself struggling with personal sin, I will seek help, be accountable, and commit to recovery.
- I will be sexually pure, abstaining from any use of pornography and avoiding any situation that might lead to an inappropriate physical or emotional relationship with anyone other than my spouse.
Infractions in any of these areas may be considered grounds for termination. Ultimately, we expect all staff to live under the Lordship of Christ.