I just spent two weeks teaching from the life of Jesus about how to de-stress in a hectic world. The feedback has been rather positive, mainly in the form of “I needed that.” So I’m extending the series two more weeks!
One comment I made that I’ve heard repeated is “balance isn’t our goal; rhythm is.” While it’s true that rhythm is the real goal when it comes to our lifestyle, balance still applies to how we grow into the discovery our rhythm. In other words, we need to be growing in multiple ways, just like Jesus, so that we can de-stress long term.
This Sunday, come and hear the four ways that all of us need to be growing and how to grow in each aspect of who we are.
Also, don’t forget about We Love NWA weekend, coming up September 8 and 9. Instead of “doing church” that weekend at the movie theater, we’re going to go “be the church” to northwest Arkansas by serving the community in eight to ten creative outreach projects, including:
- Stocking and organizing at a local thrift store.
- Serving dinner to families at a local shelter.
- Cleaning up a local park.
- Planting veggies at a farm for the under-resourced.
- Hosting a community event at an apartment complex.
- Participating in a 2k or 5k prayerwalk.
- Landscaping at Grace Hill Elementary.
- Serving dinner at the Juvenile Detention Center.
- Painting at a local women’s shelter.
- Other possibilities too!
So go ahead and sign up! Spread the word, and bring someone to de-stress with you at Grace Hills this weekend!