Kids matter. A lot! Jesus once rebuked his disciples for not understanding this principle and He said that the kingdom of God is made up of kids and kid-like people. Kids matter a lot at Grace Hills, too, so we pour a lot of energy into serving them, teaching them, and building stronger families.
That’s why I’m asking YOU to do two things this weekend.
1. Pray about how you can serve kids. This is the area of greatest need for us in terms of volunteers. If you’ve been around Grace Hills long at all or if you have kids in our kids ministry, email me right now with one of three sentences…
- Put me down to help with childcare.
- Put me down to help with preschool worship.
- Put me down to help with kids (elementary) worship.
Seriously. Right now. Let us know where you would like to try out kids ministry. We never ask for a lifetime commitment, but we do want to challenge you to serve families with us in this way. The more adults that get involved, the more excellent our kids ministry will be, and the more fun it will be for everybody.
2. Show up this weekend. I’m going to be talking about balancing truth and grace in the home. Some parents are all truth and no grace, communicating to their kids that they will never measure up to our standards of perfection. Other parents are all grace and no truth, providing no guardrails for their kids’ lives. We’re going to talk about this delicate balance, and it’s not just for parenting. Balancing truth and grace is great for any relationship.
Also, pray for our students as they travel to Jeckyll Island, Georgia this week for StudentLife camp. As always, I can’t wait to see you Sunday at 10:00 at Rogers Malco Town Cinema! Spread the word!