Since Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden, God has been passionately about the mission of pursuing and redeeming lost mankind to Himself, so that His glory will be known in all the earth. And because of His amazing grace to us, He invites us into this eternal, global mission as well. When we use the word “missions,” we’re really referring to the privilege we have of living “on mission” with God every day.
As a church family, we are deeply concerned about five global giants – immense tasks that require a cooperative effort by the entire kingdom of God to tackle successfully. These five giants are expressed in the word PEACE. We are determined to…
- Plant healthy, reproducing churches that promote reconciliation.
- Equip servant leaders to change the world.
- Assist the poor.
- Care for the sick.
- Educate the next generation.
Our model for where we carry out the mission of God is framed by Acts 1:8:
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
We pursue PEACE in at least four realms:
- In our “Jerusalem” – northwest Arkansas.
- In our “Judea” – North America.
- In our “Samaria” – cross-culturally.
- To the “ends of the earth” – internationally, in every people group.
How are we carrying out the PEACE plan? We’ve been serious about missions from day one. For example:
- We commissioned Michael Smith and his wife, Jennifer, to plant Journey Church in Siloam Springs.
- We sent Nathan Brewer and his family to plant Grace Harbor Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- We have a close partnership with Grace Hill Elementary School in Rogers. We’ve adopted them and we show care, love, and concern for the teachers, staff, and families of the school with no strings attached.
- We’ve sent people to Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Honduras to help with dental and medical clinics, construction, and training of local leaders.
- We’ve sent the Crabtree and Sanders families to Papau New Guinea to minister to a completely unreached and unengaged people group.
- We support Matt and Christine Rule, missionaries to the Middle East.
- Grace Hills along with six other local churches have formed a coalition to fund a Bible translation to an unreached people group in South Asia. We give a monthly donation & support the team leading this effort.
We are serious about the mission!