Giving Goal: $250,000
Received So Far: $116,066.51 (46.4% reached)
With Additional Commitments of $33,000: $149,066.61 (59.6%)
Be Part of the Miracle of This Moment
Grace Hills is now six years old. We spent our first four years worshipping in a movie theater that we rented weekly, and we’re now over two years into a three year lease term on our current facility.
So we’ve been asking God for months now to show us what is next for our church family. Commercial real estate in Northwest Arkansas is quite expensive and there are very, very few locations large enough, laid out well enough, and with enough surrounding parking to accommodate a growing church family.
We recently came across a property that was as closely matched to our current needs as we’ve seen thus far. It’s the former JumpZone, located at 805 SE 22nd Street in Bentonville (we actually started as a Bentonville church and moved to Rogers purely because of the availability of our current location).
On the ground floor, the building is 10,200 square feet of blank canvas. A few rooms are walled in on the west end of the building, but we’ll need to add more, and there is also a small loft over those existing rooms.
The owner of the property has accepted our offer of $1,100,000. We will also be attempting to purchase a nearby empty lot for use as parking.
The purchase is set to close on April 27. Then we have through the end of November to build out the space to suit our needs so that we can move in December 1 after the expiration of our current lease.
When our staff first saw the property, we were all in agreement about its possibilities. Our Financial Advisory Team has also met to see the property and has been discussing all of the details of the purchase.
As Grace Hills’ leadership, we are all very unified in our confidence that we need to keep taking steps to make this move a reality.
- The new location is more centrally located among the people who attend Grace Hills.
- It’s in the heart of a developing, growing area of Northwest Arkansas.
- We can shape the space according to our needs for amazing kids, youth, and adult worship spaces.
- The estimated payment on a loan for the purchase price is 25% LESS than our current lease payment.
- All that we pay toward the debt will be building equity in a growing real estate market.
And beyond all of those advantages, we simply feel that God has providentially led us, step-by-step, in our pursuit of this next space.
This is, by no means, a completed purchase yet.
- We are still talking to architects and contractors about the buildout process.
- We are still negotiating with surrounding businesses and the city about parking.
- We are just beginning the process of obtaining the necessary financing.
- We still need to raise as much up front capital as possible for the downpayment and construction costs.
We believe that God gives “miracles of the moment.” These are like Read Sea crossing moments, when the waters part and the only explanation is God’s powerful intervention. And we also believe He is the God of the movement – the ongoing work of the church to transform the community and the culture with the good news of Jesus!
* Updated every 24 to 48 hours.