This weekend is time change Sunday. Set your clock’s BACK one hour on Saturday night and then get to Grace Hills on Sunday. I’m not sure if it’s the extra hour of sleep people get, but each year, this tends to be one of the more high attendance days at Grace Hills. That means it’s probably a good weekend to invite someone to come with you. Who can you bring to fill the empty seat next to you at the theater?
We’re in the middle of a message series called InsideOut, and this weekend I’m going to be preaching about how YOU and I who follow Jesus carry around inside of us God’s big solution to the world’s biggest problem. And the funny thing is, we’re all fragile and breakable carriers, which just means that God gets even more glory when he works through us.
I also want to remind you of a few important things.
- We’re collecting items for Operation Christmas Child and the kids ministry will be spending a day assembling shoeboxes to be shipped all over the world. We’re only collecting this Sunday and one more, so click here and see the list and bring some things Sunday.
- We’ve launched a Facebook Group to help people stay informed. It’s different from our page, where we will keep posting inspirational things you can share. The group is more for people who attend regularly and want to keep up with news and happenings. Join here.
- I posted a little video on Facebook that can be used anytime as an invite by liking and sharing it to your timeline. Find it here.
- April McClure wrote an excellent post about being grace-filled grace-givers. Read it here, then share it with others.
- We will be BAPTIZING on a Sunday in the next couple of weeks. If you’re a believer and need to declare your faith in Christ through baptism, hit REPLY and let me know, or visit our Baptism page for more information.
- Brian Strickert is building a tech team – people who will come in and set up the sound, lights, video, etc. and then tear down when church is over. Read more here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- And finally, I announced Sunday that on November 22, we are dedicating our Sunday offering to some big causes. Our goal is to raise $25,000 on a single Sunday to help our local elementary school, send some people to Honduras, and build our Future Fund to help us move forward when we leave the movie theater someday. If you prefer to give online, you can do so anytime by clicking here. Please pray about how God would have you to invest beyond your normal offering to this special fund.
I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us this coming weekend and beyond!! I hope to see you at the theater on Sunday.